Sunday, May 27, 2007

Orange County - Class and Jazz

This week's visit was to Orange County - Southern California. I taught for 5 days a set of AirMagnet classes at the Hilton across the street from the John Wayne Airport in Irvine.



Yep - just week of work.

Then since I was flying out on Saturday to Baltimore to meet up with Brent and friends for the NCAA Lacrosse finals... I had an evening free. I went over to Barry & Donna's for dinner... great pork ribs (slathered in my special BBQ sauce - but since they are now 'out' I'm going to have to make another 2007 batch soon)



Then we went to a local Jazz club called 'Steamers' - though it was very hot, very crowded, and had a rude waitress... the Music was great! The lead singer was phenomenal, the supporting instrumentalist inspired and it was a great night out with friends. I think I'm going to have to pick up a CD from Jackie Ryan - I liked her style.



CD Pre-Release for "You and The Night and The Music"
A special evening with the incredible trio that played on the CD: Tamir Hendelman piano, Christoph Luty bass and Jeff Hamilton on drums. Plus special guest, Rickey Woodard on tenor sax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned something new about you. I didn't realize you liked jazz music.