As a little 'project' - I ordered a little Dell Mini 9 - Netbook computer. Then proceeded to load a purchased licensed copy of Apple Macintosh OSX 10.5.6 on the little guy!The Dell Mini is a cute little netbook with the following specs. I ordered a copy with
- 2GB RAM
- Intel Atom 1.6GHz CPU
- 64GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Glossy 8.9 inch LED display (1024 pixels x 600 pixels)
- 802.11g WiFi Card
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 3 - USB 2.0 Ports
- Built-in Webcam
- Ubuntu 8.04 OS
- Only 2.3 lbs
Following the directions and processes from this web site - I was able to use a couple of USB drives to copy, install, and then configure this to work just like my Macbook.
I'm pretty proud of myself in getting a totally different OS loaded on this Dell. It works great!
OK - now for the things that I miss.
- the keyboard is a bit cramped and the ' key is in a weird place.
- two finger right click - doesn't work, so I have to go back to the right clicker, or use the CTRL Click
- two finger scrolling - not available (bummer)
- Screen is only 1024 x 600...
I highly recommend this - go get one!