Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's your birthday... It's your birthday...

Well, I'm now 48 - what an Old Man. At least I'm not bald... yet...

I remember when I got baptized in Norway all those many years ago the Mission President said to me something about "being alive in the year 2000" - and I calculated I'd be like... 40... an Old Man - and here I am at 48 and still kicking!

I received MANY text, e-mail, voice mail, cards, and phone calls wishing me a Happy Birthday - thanks to you all for remembering.

After flying home from Minneapolis last night - Jill, Alysha and the Boys were all home waiting for me - with gifts and a nice Key Lime Pie! - Janet got me a BYU tie, and Jill showed her thoughtfulness and had picked out some books and a DVD collection - All of which I would have picked out for myself. I guess living with a guy for 25 years lets you know what he likes!

And the best gift of all came from my son Brent - lets just say I'll have many many years of continued laughter on my future Birthday's remembering his phone call to the Insurance Company...

One year older and wiser too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Son! Jill told me about Brent's phone call and I got a good laugh out of it, too.