Friday, August 21, 2009

Trying to get home

Finished a week of AirMagnet product training (along with an Intro to Wireless LANs) in Newark this week.

Now I'm at the airport trying to get out before the Hurricane gets any closer and grounds me here in New Jersey.


I went over to the local shopping mall by the hotel (actually had to take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport, then another shuttle bus over to the mall...) to get some walking in (the heat and humidity here preclude outside walking)


In two nights at the mall I counted on one hand the total number of other white males in the mall. Wow - I'm a minority!


My sister Janet is up babysitting her grand-kids north of Manhattan in Tuckahoe... but without a car it would be a 3-hour trek to go and see her and the kids. So here's a shout out to Sis instead!


They completely shut the airport down for a couple of hours this afternoon - but it's now open, and the plane I'm supposed to fly home on is on the ground... hopefully I'll be home in 6 hours or so.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Good, hope you get out on time. The coastal waters are really beginning to churn up. We'll be glad to see you home safely. I think you are right - heat and humidity preclude walking outside.