Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Books I've Read the last couple of weeks...

Below are the covers of the books I've been reading on the road the last couple of weeks. I like to have a book to read at dinner when in a restaurant alone. Or during take-off and landing when you can't watch movies on your iPhone.

This last week I watched the entire Season 4 of Star Trek Enterprise - a couple of episodes each night and a few on the flights as well.

In addition there were two "Miss Marple" movies, four more "Cadfael" murder mysteries and some really bad movies on the planes: Alvin and the Chipmunks, Waterhorse, and other nameless drivel.

My Nephew Todd turned me on to this writer - a BYU Creative Writing Professor - who does some pretty good fantasy novel work. In fact he was tasked with finishing the final Robert Jordan novel after the author died.There is at least one more in this series - I've got it on pre-order with Amazon!

So I thought I'd try some of this author's earlier works. The Elantris was a great novel/world... but the Librarian was a bit lame.Plus there was the new Stories on a couple of continuing threads I've read in the past.

The fourth in the Ranger's Apprentice Series - again John Flanagan doesn't disappoint!And Bernard Cornwell's continuing saga of the Saxons - the fourth in this continuing series as well. I've read everything else Bernard Cornwell has written and really enjoy his writing style.

1 comment:

Gram said...

I am amazed at how much you read and retain. And to think there was a time when I couldn't get you to read and sent you to summer school.You've certainly made good with that summer school class.