Friday, April 4, 2008

Day in Denver...

Today Jill and I had some time to ourselves in Denver. We did some studying in the morning, and then in the afternoon drove around the area, and ended up at the Red Rock Amphitheater. I've read about it, heard about concerts there, and even looked at it in 3D with Stereoscope Viewmaster slides... and today I got to see it.
Ok, for those of you who have been to Moab... it was nothing to write about. But it was pretty cool none-the-less. And had an interesting history. I'm glad we stopped by.I took some pictures. First - at a large F-Stop (small number) you can see how either Jill, or the city of Denver was in focus. Then with a small F-Stop (big number) I was able to get them both to be in focus at the same time.When taking pictures of the Lacrosse games I try to keep the largest F-Stop possible, to make the players 'pop' by having them in focus and everything around them fuzzy. Not always possible, depending on the lighting conditions, but that's the plan anyway.

For lunch we stopped in a little town of Morrison - cute little thing and ate Grilled Cheese sandwiches at the Blue Cow Eatery - right next to the Bear Creek. Jill's had Monterey and American with Tomatoes and Green Chillies on Sourdough. Well - she liked it...
Then we drove up to Evergreen Colorado then back down through Confier while driving back towards Denver.

We stopped just outside of Denver because it was nearing 5:00pm and I got out my laptop and was all ready to buy tickets for this summer's Stadium of Fire... but after a VERY FRUSTRATING hour gave up - wrote a couple of 'nastygram' e-mails to vent and then drove on into the city.We went down to Kikamoto's parent's house South of Denver for a nice BBQ with the entire team. They've had two boys play BYU Lacrosse, and so this was their 8th year sponsoring this dinner. Thanks!

3 comments:

Gram said...

Wow! I am happy you and Jill had a great day. The pictures were nice. I've heard about the Red Rocks amphitheatre also, in fact I have a CD of Yanni that was made there. How nice of the family to host everybody for a barbecue Enjoy the day tomorrow and be safe while you are so far away.

Richard B said...

Thanks for the post Keith. Glad you were able to see some of the Denver area and enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich. We enjoyed our trip to Grand Junction last week and can relate to the game/weather Thursday. Hope you enjoy your trip to Sweden next week. We envy you being in that part of the world.

Karrissa Winward said...

I like mom's jacket in those pictures. Glad you guys had a great day. I can't wait to see you both!