Sunday, April 6, 2008

One long day...

Ok, this has been one very long day... We started in Boulder this morning - then Jill and I drove up to Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a beautiful drive up in the mountains, trees, rocks, everywhere cabins... But not too much snow. Even when we arrived at gates of the park at 8,500 feet. elevation.

Then down the mountain, following the river cutting through the rock gorges till we arrived back on the Colorado plains. We then drove up to Ft. Collins to wait on the Campus of the CSU Rams for the Lacrosse game.
It was fun to watch the game - BYU on top by 14-6 - Go Cougars. The quote below is from the CSU press release. And now for a bunch of photos from the game. I had to miss the last five minutes or so of the game so I could get to the airport on time for my flight... then the flight was delayed by 20 minutes anyway. "Can't win for losing" - Then on to a long 10-hour flight to Frankfurt on Lufthansa.This was a nice large Airbus 340 with the bathrooms - downstairs from the main level. Nice...25 mintues working through passport control, customs, security, then finding my way to the intra-EU gates just in time for the flight up to Goteborg Sweden. My friend Martin (and the one who hosts me coming to teach here) picked me up at the airport and after a ride around rural Sweden for awhile running an errand, dropped me off at the hotel. I like to get a couple of hours sleep in on the day I arrive - then get up and walk around and try to stay up as late as possible in order to reset my time clock.

Tomorrow I start a 5-day CWNA course here for Ascom.

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Glad BYU won and glad you got to Sweden safely. That is great they won both games, making the trip worth it huh?

Richard B said...

Pleased that you had a good flight and arrived in Sweden okay. Looks like a nice hotel. We do appreciate your posts. We had a fun Sunday dinner at 5 PM with 20 people. We missed you. Be safe and know that we love you!

Jill Parsons said...

Thanks for the great weekend in Denver. It was fun to be with you. Glad you arrived safely. Have a great week. See you in Las Vegas to play with the "M".

Gram said...

I am happy you arrived safely. The photos of the the colorado mountians and flowers was beautiful. I enjoyed all the Lacrosse photos too. It was great they won the games. We missed you last night at dinner. We had 21 adults here. (I am counting Alysha, Michael and Braden as adults). I'm happy you and Jill could be togeter over the weekend.